Saturday, March 19, 2011

Are We There Yet?

We all remember the long trips when we were young and when we had young ones. The most frequently asked question was "Are We There Yet?" or "How Much Longer?" Sometimes I ask my Heavenly Father the same questions. I know by faith that He is purifying my life. I know that everything in my journey...rough roads, deep water crossings, treacherous mountain passes, etc. are part of the journey. I know also that the destination is awaiting and according to HIS Timepiece we will be on time. I know also that along the way there are "ways to escape,"(1 Cor 10:13), Rest Stops. I just don't want to be in this part of the journey. Character or Compassion? Those are more than souvenirs. They will be lasting treasures. Like Esau and the pot of stew sold for his birthright, those eternal values are dimmed by the weight of the present heartcry of the soul. Am I so shallow that I would trade a chance to "inherit the earth?" (Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. Matt 5:3 or 4?) Does anyone know what meekness really is? Gentleness under pressure is one definition. Giving up rights is another. Does it help to gaze into the face of a loving parent? I think so... Our Loving Father/Mother knows when it is time for a break and when we need to push hard to arrive. So this Spring Break is refreshing for many. If we have our eyes fixed on Him..."looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of the Race," we will cross the finish line, arrive on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment